At IDOG Rescue, we don’t want any doodle to end up in a shelter, which is why we offer our rehoming service to owners who need to find their dog a new home. We have some limitations on the types of medical and behavioral issues we are able to accept into the rescue but, rest assured, that you will be treated with respect, and your dog’s welfare will be our top priority. We have been finding great homes for our "pre-loved" doodles since IDOG's creation in 2006.
We will help guide you through this difficult time. If you find yourself in a situation where you cannot keep your dog, please take these steps:
1) Complete our Rehome Form honestly and thoroughly.
2) Email your dog's photo and vet records to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Expect an email and a phone call from our rescue team to discussion your family's situation.
4) Take stock of how long you can continue to house the dog. If we are able to accept the dog into our rehome program, we may need time to handle the transition.
5) Email us at email@example.com if you no longer need our assistance in rehoming your dog.
For more details on IDOG's rehome policies please visit our Rehome FAQ page.